THE EYEBROW by Angélik Iffennecker
The eyebrow is a key facial element, which reveals a person’s
character. It is a significant aesthetic component of the face,
and can also be a subtle and powerful tool of seduction.
A balanced eyebrow amplifies the eyes and optimises all
the features of a face. It is a subtle detail, often disregarded
but that can change everything: It can enhance a face,
revealing the inner beauty and personality of a person.
- why did you start a beauty company just about eyebrows?
- It was missing in our makeup case ! Many make–up artists were using a mix of products to get the right color for eyebrows, only one American brand was offering a large palette specifically for brows at that time. So I had this idea to launch the first collection dedicated for eyebrows with 11 shades with French natural pigments. I created the colours on men to get the most natural result. Make-up on men is only right if you can’t see it. Once we achived that I knew it would give the desired look for women.
- what is your favorite color?
- Black if we consider it as a colour
- your mother worked in haute couture, how did she influence you?
- I used to live in a room with a mountain of fabrics, leather, glitter and I was practicing
- dance, so my entire childhood gave me the taste of disguise and transformation.
- is make-up still important today?
- Beauty, art, paint, rituals, appearances, and with that make-up has been always been important to people from the beginning of our being. And with that, yes, it is still important today.
- what do you think about plastic surgery?
- It can be very interesting as long as it is just touches, as long as it doesn’t show. But I will always say that no cream, no plastic surgery could make an unhappy or mean woman beautiful. Beauty always rises from theinside.
- do you plan to launch other products than for eyebrows?
- I would love to and I have many ideas, 2 other collections are in my mind…to be continued
- more businesswoman or make-up artist?
- Beauty in everything, women, photography, dance, music, love
- who is your beauty icon and why?
- Christy Turlington, she’s full of beauty, spirit, body and mind. Yasmeen Warsame could have been her twin and Prince is my definition of beauty in all – larger than life.
- have french women a special relationship to beauty and fashion? And if so, why?
- We are supposed to be the city of elegance and chic, where the best designers started out but i think we have good challengers in Belgium and London ….